In 2018, two of our MHP residents passed away from CO2 poisoning.
Their furnace vent wasn’t open and they turned on the heat/ gas for the first time that fall.
They also didn’t have batteries in their CO2 detector. If this happened to be inside one of our POH’s (it was a TOH) it would’ve been a max payout of our insurance liability policy.
Now, every fall we go inside and check every POH to confirm the CO2 and Smoke detectors are working. We also put up signs at the park entrance and deliver notices to every door.
I never want this to happen inside one of my communities ever again.
Learn more about mobile home park investing.
Interested in learning more about mobile home park investing? Get in touch with us today to find out more.
The information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice, nor a guarantee of any kind. There are no guarantees of profitability, and all investment decisions should be made based on individual research and consultation with registered financial and legal professionals. We are not registered financial or legal professionals and do not provide personalized investment recommendations.